From the Emails: Vomit in a Pool?
We’re bringing back a feature we introduced last year where we answer questions we’re asked in our email.We were recently asked, “What happens if someone vomits in a swimming pool?”
And here’s the answer: Vomiting in a pool is actually very common, and it’s usually a result of swallowing too much pool water. If the vomit is a result of the pool water, it’s usually not contaminated, but if the contents of the stomach come up, you have bigger issues to deal with.
The germs found in vomit are usually noroviruses, and responding to a vomit incident is handled the same way you handle a fecal incident (the time and chlorination levels are very similar for both).
Have a swimming pool related question you’d like answered? Ask us!